Sep 13, 2009

Ikonic Edge Super Slim Card iPhone pouch review

UPDATE: I have now used this product for a few months and would like to add one observation. The phone fits snugly in the pouch, this is a good thing, but some times it can be a bit hard trying get the phone out with one hand. So answering a call while riding a bike is close to impossible (and definitely dangerous). I am however very happy with the pouch, and can still recommend it for anyone who wants a good looking high quality leather pouch for their iPhone.

After getting my iPhone 3GS, I started looking for a case or pouch for it. The iPhone has a quality feel to it, so I did not want to encase it in silicone, which in my opinion feels cheap. Many of the cases and pouches on the marked are quite bulky, and since the iPhone never leaves my hand or pocket, I wanted to keep it slim.

Since I always carry it with me it could double as a mini wallet, with credit cards, ID and some cash.

After a bit of research I decided to go with a leather pouch. I found the Super-Slim Card iPhone pouch from Ikonic Edge in New Zealand.

I payed in total 55 USD, that included shipping. After a few days, I recieved this letter in the mail.





The pouch is designed specifically for the iPhone, so it only fits one way. The screen should face the credit cards. They then double as a screen protector. Very clever. The inside of the pouch is lined with suede leather, this wipes your screen every time you insert the phone. It works very well.

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
At the bottom of the pouch, there are these small holes for the microphone and speaker (yes, there is only one speaker on the iPhone 3GS, the other opening is a microphone) The holes lets the sound out, so you can hear your ringtone or music.
 
The pouch holds about three credit cards. If you force more in, I guess the leather will give, but then you will always have to fill it with more cards. Again to keep it slim and nice, I limit my self to three cards, and some cash.
 
 

I have been using the pouch for about a week now, and I am very happy with it. It looks good, and it feels like a quality product. The stitching is very nice, and in contrast to other leather pouches I have seen, the sides are not sticking out. 







6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review!

Unknown said...

what color is yours

G said...

The color is Dark Brown

gazelle_ailee said...

Wow !! I have order a Ikonic Edge Super Slim Card, color Dark Brown. It's great case...
Thanks for the review with pictures !!

Blogger said...

Glad to hear it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

gazelle_ailee said...

Wow !! I just received the Ikonic Edge, it's beautiful and perfect !! Thank again for your review +++

Post a Comment